It’s that time of year – vacations at the beach, sitting by the ocean, soaking up the sun. Thankfully, it’s no longer trendy to tan as dark as Malibu Barbie (what was Mattel thinking?) But admit it, we all like a sun-kissed glow and legs that aren’t florescent. So we need to be smart.
The Environmental Working Group has a great guide to sunscreens, and they explain which hazardous ingredients need to be avoided also. But just to make your life a little easier, I’ve rounded up a few EWG approved sunscreen choices to make your vacation preparation easier.
facial moisturizers with SPF
- Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses Color + Correct line has several choices for dry and sensitive skin, all priced around $16: Sheer Nude SPF 30, Sheer Tan SPF 30, and Daily Shade Facial Lotion SPF 18. Their Oil Control Beauty Balm SPF 30 works well for oily or combination skin.
- Clinique Smart Custom Repair Moisturizer SPF 15 comes in 3 different variations (very dry, dry/combination, and oily.) $54
- Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30 is a good choice for oily skin, $20
beach & sport sunscreens
- Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Dry Touch line has one for face and one for body, both SPF 50, $10 each.
- Kiss My Face Organics Face and Body Suncreen SPF 30, $14
- Alba Botanica Facial Mineral Sunscreen SPF 20, $10
And while you’re packing your beach chair, cooler and sunscreen, don’t forget your favorite hat.
This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience; you can read my very boring disclosure policy here.
If you liked this post, learn more about this Green Beauty series here.